As a Principal Engineer, you will:
- Design, document, lead implementation and drive socialization of our cross-team and cross-service architecture, assisting and guiding teammates in the pragmatic, scalable, and flexible architecture to allow our data and applications platform to grow and evolve.
- Dive deep into our software platform, becoming a subject matter expert on our technical capabilities, limitations, and opportunities, and teach your teammates.
The ideal candidate will also –
- Bring strong Health IT and industry domain knowledge to bear on difficult problems.
- Keep up to date with current trends in developing cloud and mobile first applications, and maintain a strategic perspective on our fast-moving industry.
- Has prior experience in building frameworks and platform to enable rapid data and omni-channel application development.
Tools & Technologies
We use an ever evolving set of tools and technologies to build our platform. This role is expected to help shape and guide our current and future tool selection. Our core platform toolset currently entails;
- Ruby, both with and without Rails.
- Java and a smattering of Golang
- MySQL, Postgres, and a bit of Redis.
- Swagger, RabbitMQ, Docker, and ELK.
- A full swath of Amazon AWS offerings.
- React and Backbone.js
- Evolving big data platform
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years developing web applications, with experience in multiple frameworks, preferably LAMP, MERN or Rails.
- Prior experience in architecting, designing and developing high-volume, high-performance, high-availability applications using proven frameworks and technologies.
- Familiarity with developing reusable libraries and frameworks.
- Knowledge of best practices in API development, developing data solutions and application development lifecycle.
- Expert-level knowledge & experience developing with SQL and NO-SQL databases.
- Knowledge of web application security best practices, attack vectors and mitigation strategies.
- Interest and ability to mentor and coach our team.
Must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract